Per our discussions in class, here are the norms for our classroom:
- Computers must be logged off and plugged in at the end of class. Consequence is having to put all the computers away for the whole class.
- Music is allowed only when it is needed to provide focus through isolation. Sharing music does not lend itself to isolation nor does using only one ear bud. Students are expected to choose music that promotes focussing.
- Cell phones can be used for anything for the first 5 minutes of class. After than, they can only be used as calculators or watches without specific permission. NO GAMES!
- Bathroom privileges - one person at a time. Write your name on the door as you leave and erase it on returning. Use common sense on getting water.
- no smelly food
- leave no trace
- no cold beverages that leave condensation
- no drinks that could spill; keep caps on all bottles when not drinking from them.