Suggestions for extension activities
- Build the ultimate mouse trap car. Consult the complete manual for how to customize your materials. Glean ideas from the Internet and build a world class distance or speed car (or any other specialized version you can think of).
- Promote and carry out a competition. Include as many as are interested from both classes.
- Analysis. There are many things we did not measure. Consult the complete manual for new things you can investigate (such as predicting from the rolling friction how far your car will travel).
- Compare the energy in the springs of various brands and types of mouse traps. How much variance is there?
- Rewrite the tutorials. 1) fix the errors 2) make them more understandable 3) include derivations of formulas
- Make a video demonstrating construction, etc.